Twisted Steak Wraps
- 1¼ pounds boneless beef sirloin steaks
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp Rub Some Steak
- Vegetable oil (for grill)
- 8 large Boston or Iceberg lettuce leaves
- MARINATED VEGETABLE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Rub Some Steak
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Sprinkle steaks with Rub Some Steak. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium-high heat (375°-400°F) for 15 minutes.
- As grill is heating, toss all of the marinated vegetable ingredients together.
- Place steaks on a well oiled hot grill grate and cook, covered, 8-10 minutes, or until desired doneness is reached (an instant-read thermometer inserted into the steaks will read 125°F for medium-rare) turning once halfway through cooking.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute before slicing. Slice the steaks against the grain.
- Fill lettuce leaves with the sliced steaks and marinated vegetables.
If time allows, let the steaks stand 15 minutes or refrigerate up to 2 hours after sprinkling with Rub Some Steak.
Let the steaks stand at room temperature for 1 hour to take the chill off before grilling for more even cooking.
Any moisture on the steaks will prevent them from browning. Pat the steaks with paper towel before applying the seasoning to ensure the surface is dry for a deeper sear on the outside.
Resist the urge to move the steaks too soon after placing them on the grill. They will naturally release from the hot grate after a few minutes.
If flareups occur during cooking, move the steaks to a cooler part of the grill temporarily.
Allowing the cooked steaks to stand before slicing helps retain their juices. The internal temperature will rise 5° to 10°F upon standing (also known as carryover cooking). To ensure the correct desired doneness, remove the steaks from the grill 5° to 10°F below the desired final internal temperature. Remove the steaks from the grill at the following temperatures: 135°F for medium, 140°F for medium-well, 150°F for well done.
To cook the steaks on the stovetop/in the oven, heat a cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat until hot. Add the seasoned steaks and cook until the outside is seared, turning once. Transfer the steaks to a roasting rack over a baking sheet and roast in a 400°F oven until the desired doneness is reached.