We are experiencing some longer than usual shipping times, please allow up to 4 weeks before your order is shipped. Thanks for your patience.
Sweet Bourbon Glazed Ham
- 1 (7- to 8-pound) spiral sliced bone-in half ham
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup apple juice
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Three Little Pig's Kansas City Sweet BBQ Rub
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 300°F. In a large baking dish, add the ham and water. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place the baking dish in the oven, and bake for 2 hours 40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the ham reaches 165°F.
- In a medium saucepot, whisk the apple juice, brown sugar, mustard, honey, fresh lemon juice, Three Little Pigs Kansas City Sweet BBQ Rub and thyme. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat and boil for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally; remove from heat.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Remove foil from the ham. Evenly pour the glaze over ham. Bake ham, uncovered, 15 minutes longer. Transfer ham to a serving platter.
Serve ham drizzled with any drippings remaining in the baking dish.
Here are a couple of ideas for leftover ham:
Ham, Mac ’n Cheese -- Add chopped ham to your favorite boxed mac and cheese mix or homemade macaroni and cheese recipe. Toss in some peas for added color and flavor.
Grilled Ham and Cheese -- Add some protein to your grilled cheese sandwich with rye bread, Swiss cheese and coarse ground mustard.