Smoky Skillet Chicken Paprikash with Egg Noodles
Large oven-safe skillet
Chef knife or paring knife
Large sauce-pot with lid
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1¼ pounds)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Cool Smoke Everything Rub
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes
- ½ (16-ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large oven-safe skillet, cook chicken thighs, skin side down, over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until skin is crispy. Transfer the chicken thighs to a large plate.
- In the same skillet, cook the garlic and onion over medium heat for 3 minutes or until very tender, stirring frequently. Add the paprika and Cool Cmoke Everything Rub, and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes with their juice and heat to a simmer. Add the chicken thighs, skin side up, and transfer skillet to oven. Roast the chicken for 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reaches 165°F.
- In a large saucepot, prepare noodles as label directs. Drain, return to the pot and toss with the butter. Cover to keep warm. Makes about 5 cups.
- Stir the sour cream into the chicken mixture. Makes about 2 cups.
- Serve the chicken over noodles sprinkled with parsley.
No egg noodles? Try this dish served overcooked orzo, rice, or barley.
Like it spicy?? Add an extra pinch of ground cayenne or chipotle pepper.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving (1 chicken thigh, 1/2 cup sauce, 1 1/4 cups noodles)
- per serving
- 29 grams
- 218 milligrams
- 854 milligrams
- 49 grams
- 5 grams
- 7 grams
- 29 grams