We are experiencing some longer than usual shipping times, please allow up to 4 weeks before your order is shipped. Thanks for your patience.
BBQ Bourbon-Apple Chicken Sausage & Aged Cheddar Loaded Waffle Fries
Rimmed baking pan
Chef knife or paring knife
- 1 bag (22 ounces) frozen waffle fries
- 3 teaspoons Plowboys BBQ Yardbird Rub
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 bourbon apple chicken sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise in ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded aged Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the fries in a single layer on prepared pan, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the Plowboys Yardbird Rub. Bake fries 25 minutes or until light golden brown and crisp, tossing once halfway through baking.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onion, and cook 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon, Plowboys Yardbird Rub. Top the fries with the sausage-onion mixture and cheese. Bake fries 8 minutes or until fries are crisp and cheese melts. Makes about 8 cups.
- Serve fries drizzled with sour cream, and sprinkled with green onions and pepper.
To easily drizzle sour cream, transfer it to a small zip-top plastic bag and snip a bottom corner with kitchen scissors.
Loaded waffle fries are a great way to use up leftover shredded BBQ meats. Top waffle fries with shredded chicken, brisket or pork and drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- Serving Size
- 1 cup
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 17 grams
- 37 milligrams
- 904 milligrams
- 24 grams
- 2 grams
- 2 grams
- 9 grams