We are experiencing some longer than usual shipping times, please allow up to 4 weeks before your order is shipped. Thanks for your patience.
1 Qt Stainless Steel Saucepan
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
1 Tbsp Rub Some Butt BBQ Seasoning™
- 1 ½ Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cloves, ground
- 1 Cup Ham Basting Sauce
- ½ Cup Honey
½ Cup KC Butt BBQ Sauce™ (for spicier version use 1/2 cup Three Little Pigs Chipotle)
- 1 x 6 lb Ham, fully cooked
- ½ Cup KC Butt Spice BBQ Rub™
- 1 1/4 Cup Ham Basting Sauce*
- 2 Cups BBQ Ham Glaze*
HAM BASTING SAUCE
Combine the chicken stock, pineapple juice, Rub Some Butt BBQ Seasoning, Canola oil and ground cloves in a stainless steel saucepan.
- Set pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool and reserve in refrigerator.
BBQ HAM GLAZE
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Place over low heat and warm.
- Lay ham on half sheet pan.
- Rub KC Butt Spice BBQ Rub over the surface of the ham.
- Wrap the ham in plastic wrap and place in on the sheet pan in the refrigerator for 8 hours to allow the rub to marinate into the surface of the ham.
- Remove the ham from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap.
- Let the ham stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat the smoker or oven to 250º degrees Fahrenheit/120º degrees Celsius.
- Place the ham in the smoker.
- Smoke the ham for 6 hours, basting with the Ham Basting Sauce* once an hour.
- Brush the ham generously with the BBQ Ham Glaze every 15 minutes during the final hour of smoking.
- Transfer the ham to a cutting board.
- Brush ham with remaining glaze.
- Carve and serve.
- Serve any remaining glaze on the side - optional.
This recipe is not designed for a fresh ham.
Aluminum saucepans react negatively with vinegar and produce off flavors. Use stainless steel or enameled pans wherever possible.