Instant Pot® Creamy Tomato Lamb Curry
Chef knife or paring knife
6-quart Instant Pot
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons Operation BBQ Relief Florida Mojo Rub
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 medium Russet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Steamed basmati rice for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss the lamb, Mojo Rub and salt to coat.
- In the Instant Pot, heat the oil on Sauté-More.
- Add the onion and lamb, and cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, jalapeño and ginger, and cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Add the curry powder and cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomatoes with their juice, coconut milk and potatoes.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve to seal. Pressure cook on high 35 minutes. Naturally release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Serve lamb curry sprinkled with cilantro over rice, if desired. Makes about 8 cups.
Try using chicken, fish or shrimp in this versatile recipe. Adjust the pressure-cooking time accordingly.
Add sweet potatoes, lentils or vegetables to make this curry even heartier and healthier.