Air Fryer Sweet & Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
Chef knife or paring knife
- 12 raw 16-20 count tail-on peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if necessary (about ¾ pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Smokin’ Hoggz BBQ Rib Rub
- 6 slices thick-cut smoked bacon, halved crosswise
- Canola oil
- ¼ cup Rob’s Manganero Award-Winning Rib Glaze (optional)
- In a small bowl, toss the shrimp, oil and BBQ Rib Rub. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes. In batches, if necessary, place the bacon in a single layer in air fryer basket and air fry 5 minutes or until starting to crisp; transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around center of each shrimp and secure with toothpick. Brush the air fryer basket with oil and add the shrimp in a single layer. Air fry 6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the shrimp reaches 145°F.
- Serve the shrimp with Rib Glaze, if desired.
Nonstick cooking sprays can damage the air fryer basket. Use a clean spray bottle filled with canola oil to easily coat the air fryer basket with oil.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and cooked in batches as an easy hot appetizer when entertaining guests.