Cuban Mojo Pulled Pork Tacos
- PULLED PORK INGREDIENTS
- 3-4 lb Pork Shoulder (aka Pork Butt)
- ¾ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 3 TBL Three Little Pigs Touch of Cherry BBQ Rub™
- 2 Whole Garlic Cloves
- CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE SALSA INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 Pound Fresh Pineapple Chunks or One 15 ounce can Pineapple Tidbits, drained
- 1 TBL Canola Oil
- 2 TBL of your favorite Salsa
- 1 tsp Three Little Pigs Touch of Cherry BBQ Rub™
- PULLED PORK DIRECTIONS
- Trim excess fat off the pork, and cut into large chucks.
- Add 2 TBS of Three Little Pigs Touch of Cherry BBQ Rub along with all other ingredients into a large slow cooker and mix together.
- Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or high for 4 – 5 hours, until meat easily shreds with fork.
- Let pork cool completely. Shred into 1-2 inch long pieces approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Seasoning with additional 1 TBS of Three Little Pigs Touch of Cherry BBQ Rub.
- CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE SALSA DIRECTIONS
- In a saute pan, heat oil to medium heat.
- Add pineapple, and stir frequently until 80% of exposed surface of pineapple is rich golden brown and caramelized.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Rough chop pineapple and put into mixing bowl.
- Add 2 TBL of your favorite salsa, and Three Little Pigs Touch of Cherry BBQ Rub to the caramelized pineapple and toss to thoroughly combine.
- Reserve for Mojo Tacos.
- TACOS ASSEMBLY
- Heat flour tortilla according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Top tortilla with mojo pork and a spoonful of caramelized pineapple salsa.
Cuban Mojo Pork can be made in advance and reheated in a skillet, on medium high heat until minimum internal temperature of 165 F has been reached.
Add chopped cilantro or jalapenos to the mojo tacos for extra flair.