We are experiencing some longer than usual shipping times, please allow up to 4 weeks before your order is shipped. Thanks for your patience.
Blackened BBQ Shrimp, Andouille Sausage & Cauliflower Dirty Rice
Large skillet with lid
Chef knife or paring knife
- 1¼ pounds 21-25 count tail-on peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if necessary
- 2½ teaspoons Burnt Finger BBQ Smokey KC Barbecue Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound Andouille pork sausage (about 4 links)
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp and 2 teaspoons Burnt Finger BBQ Smoky KC Barbecue Seasoning (available on our products page). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook 8 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning every 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the skillet and cook 4 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the sausage reaches 160°F. Transfer the sausage to a cutting board and slice crosswise into ½-inch pieces; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook 5 minutes or until thermometer inserted into the shrimp reaches 145°F, turning once. Transfer the shrimp to a small bowl; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery, bell pepper and onion, and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are very tender, stirring frequently. Add the garlic, cauliflower rice, oregano, crushed red pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon Barbecue Seasoning, and cook 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally. Fold in the sausage. Makes about 6½ cups.
- Serve cauliflower-sausage mixture topped with shrimp garnished with parsley.
To make your own cauliflower rice, pulse small cauliflower florets in a food processor or finely chop by hand until rice-sized pieces form.
Try using other riced vegetables such as sweet potato, broccoli or squash to add color and flavor.
- Serving Size
- 7 shrimp, 1 1/2 cups of rice
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 26 grams
- 236 milligrams
- 1099 milligrams
- 15 grams
- 5 grams
- 6 grams
- 45 grams