Instant Pot Cherry-Sriracha Pulled Pork
Chef knife or paring knife
5-quart Instant Pot
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cherry preserves
- ¼ cup sriracha chili sauce
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless pork butt, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Three Little Pigs Touch of Cherry BBQ Rub
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar, ketchup, sugar, preserves and sriracha.
- In a large bowl, toss the pork and BBQ Rub to coat.
- In the Instant Pot, heat the oil on Sauté-More. Add the onion and pork, and cook 10 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add ⅓ cup water and stir to loosen any browned bits from bottom of pot. Add ½ the vinegar-ketchup mixture. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve to seal. Pressure cook on high 1 hour. Naturally release the pressure and remove the lid. Cool slightly and drain excess liquid.
- With 2 forks, shred pork and serve with the remaining vinegar-ketchup mixture. Makes about 8 cups.
Some serving ideas:
Cherry-Sriracha Pulled Pork Quesadillas
Layer pulled pork and Monterey Jack cheese between 2 flour tortillas and cook on a griddle or in a skillet until golden brown.
Cherry-Sriracha Pulled Pork Biscuit Sandwiches
Pile biscuits high with pulled pork, your favorite coleslaw, and pickles to make a Southern-inspired sandwich.
- Serving Size
- 1 cup
- per serving
- 20 grams
- 104 milligrams
- 358 milligrams
- 21 grams
- 0 grams
- 18 grams
- 27 grams