We are experiencing some longer than usual shipping times, please allow up to 4 weeks before your order is shipped. Thanks for your patience.
Air Fryer Chicken with KC BBQ Pork Rind Breading
Rimmed baking pan
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and/or legs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons KC Butt Spice
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds (about 2 ounces)
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Canola oil
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, cream, vinegar and 1 tablespoon KC Butt Spice. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for 5 minutes; line a rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil. In a large bowl, stir the crushed pork rinds, chickpea flour, thyme, pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon KC Butt Spice. Add the chicken pieces, one at a time, to the pork rind mixture to coat and place on prepared pan.
- In batches, if necessary, brush the air fryer basket with oil and add the chicken in a single layer; air fry 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken without touching bone reaches 160°F (internal temperature will rise 5° to 10°F upon standing). Let the chicken stand 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
To cook chicken in the oven, line a rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the breaded chicken on the prepared pan and roast in a 400°F oven for 35 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken without touching bone reaches 160°F, turning once halfway through cooking. Let the chicken stand 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
Try serving chicken drizzled with Rub Some Chicken Buffalo Sauce and/or blue cheese dressing.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving (8 ounces chicken)
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 32 grams
- 210 milligrams
- 1011 milligrams
- 13 grams
- 1 grams
- 8 grams
- 46 grams