We are experiencing some longer than usual shipping times, please allow up to 4 weeks before your order is shipped. Thanks for your patience.
BBQ Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Meatballs
Chef knife or paring knife
8-inch square baking dish
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lambert’s Sweet Rub O’Mine Barbeque Seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small saucepot, cook the onion and oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until the onion is tender and starting to brown, stirring occasionally. Add the sugar, vinegar, 1 tablespoon Barbeque Seasoning and 1 cup water. Increase heat to medium-high and cook 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepot from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg. Gently mix in the ground pork, breadcrumbs and remaining 1 tablespoon Barbeque Seasoning. Form ground pork mixture into 12 meatballs (about 3 tablespoons each) and place in the baking dish.
- Bake meatballs 20 minutes; top with brown sugar mixture and bake 8 minutes or until thermometer inserted into meatballs reaches 160°F. Serve meatballs sprinkled with green onions.
Be gentle when mixing the meatball ingredients; overmixing can make them dry and tough.
Try mixing chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary or sage into the meatball mixture for a savory twist or cayenne pepper to add a spicy kick.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving (2 meatballs)
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 23 grams
- 122 milligrams
- 641 milligrams
- 53 grams
- 0 grams
- 26 grams
- 26 grams