Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken & Smoked Gouda Fettuccine
5- to 6-quart slow cooker
Chef knife or paring knife
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Plowboys BBQ KC Crossroads BBQ Sauce
- 1½ tablespoons Plowboys Barbeque Yardbird Rub
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1In the slow cooker, stir the onion, BBQ Sauce, Yardbird Rub and ½ cup water.
- Add the chicken to slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. With 2 forks, shred the chicken and stir into the slow cooker.
- In a large sauce pot, prepare the pasta as label directs and drain.
- Stir the cheese, cream and pasta into the slow cooker. cover and cook on high for 10 minutes or low for 20 minutes, or until it’s heated through and the sauce thickens, stirring once. Makes about 10 cups.
- Serve the pasta sprinkled with parsley.
Try swapping out the rub in this recipe with other great seasonings, such as Boars Night Out BBQ Rub or Burnt Finger BBQ Smokey KC Barbecue Seasoning.
Try replacing fettuccine with chickpea or lentil pasta to change up this dish, or serving it with garlic bread.
- Serving Size
- 1 serving (1.5 cups)
- per serving
- 12 grams
- 77 milligrams
- 716 milligrams
- 50 grams
- 2 grams
- 8 grams
- 28 grams