Crooked Lemon Grilled Pork Chops
instant- read thermometer
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp Pit Happens
- ½ tsp chopped fresh thyme plus sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in pork chops
- Vegetable oil (for grill)
- 2 small lemons, cut crosswise in half
- In a small bowl, combine Pit Happens BBQ Rub and thyme. Sprinkle the pork chops with seasoning mixture.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium-high heat (350°F) for 15 minutes.
- Oil a clean kitchen towel and use tongs to coat the hot grill grate with oil. Use tongs to place the pork chops and lemons, cut side down, on the hot grill grate. Cook the pork chops, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the pork chops reaches 140°F (internal temperature will rise 5° to 10°F upon standing), turning once halfway through cooking. Cook the lemons 5 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Transfer the pork chops and lemons to a serving platter; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
- Serve pork chops with lemons for squeezing over pork. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
If time allows, let the pork chops stand 15 minutes after sprinkling with Pit Happens BBQ Rub.
Let the pork chops stand at room temperature for 1 hour to take the chill off before grilling for even cooking.
Oranges would be a great substitute for the lemons in this dish.
To broil pork chops and lemons, place the seasoned pork chops and lemons, cut side down, on a broiler pan. Broil the pork chops 8 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the pork chops reaches 140°F, turning once halfway through cooking. Broil the lemons 5 minutes or until slightly charred.