Crazy Good Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 4 (7 to 8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Mediterranean Rub & Marinade
- Vegetable oil (for grill)
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium (350°F-400°F) for 15 minutes.
- Lay chicken between plastic wrap on a cutting board. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to ¾-inch thick. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel. Sprinkle the chicken with Mediterranean Rub & Marinade.
- Place chicken breasts on a well oiled, hot grill grate. Cook the chicken, covered, turning once halfway through, for approximately 12 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reaches 165°F.
- Serve immediately.
Use 1 tsp Mediterranean Rub & Marinade per 7 to 8 ounce chicken breast
Pounding slightly allows them to cook evenly.
Perfectly cooked chicken should feel springy when pressed and the juices should be clear without any reddish tone.
To freeze leftover chicken, let the chicken cool completely, then cut into strips before freezing.
To cook the chicken breasts on the stovetop, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Add the seasoned, pounded chicken breasts and cook 1 minute; turn the chicken and cook 1 minute longer. Reduce the heat to low and tightly cover the skillet. Cook chicken undisturbed for approx. 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken reaches 165ºF.
Serve with a side of dipping sauce by combining ½ cup mayonnaise and 1 tsp Mediterranean Rub & Marinade.