Carolina Pulled Pork
- 1 Bottle Rub Some Butt BBQ Seasoning™
- 1 Bottle Rub Some Butt Carolina BBQ Sauce™
- 1 Bone in Pork Shoulder (Boston Butt)
- 4 Tbsp Yellow Mustard (Plain)
- 1 Bag Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Package Thick Cut bacon
- Pre-heat smoker or grill to 275 degrees and add smoking wood.
- While smoker/grill is pre-heating cover all sides of pork butt with mustard,
- Heavily coat with Rub Some Butt BBQ Seasoning on all sides.
- Place the pork shoulder onto grilling/smoking surface fat side down for best results.
- After the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees (6 to 8 hours) pack the brown sugar onto the outside of the pork shoulder. Next in a crossing pattern layer the thick cut bacon on the top of the pork shoulder.
- Wrap tightly in food grade saran wrap to keep the brown sugar packed, next wrap in foil and place back on the smoker.
- Cook another 3 hours or until the internal temperature (Next to the bone) has reached 195 degrees.
- Remove from smoker and allow meat to rest 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the bone and shred or pull the pork to the desired consistency.
- Once pulled mix in a small amount of Rub Some Butt Carolina BBQ Sauce for melt in your mouth Carolina style pork!