BBQ Beer Can Chicken
- KC Butt Spice BBQ Rub™
- 1 (3 ½-4 lb) chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) canned beverage
- Preheat grill to medium heat (350-400 degrees).
- Open the canned beverage and pour out about ¼ cup.
- With the pointed side of a bottle opener, punch two more holes in top of can.
- Rub the KC Butt Spice BBQ Rub inside and out of the whole chicken.
- Gently lift up the skin over the chicken breast and rub seasoning directly onto the meat.
- With a skewer or toothpick, poke the skin all over.
- Place the chicken over the can with the drumsticks facing forward (resembling a tripod).
- If using a gas grill with 2-4 burners, after the grill has preheated, turn off the inner burners and carefully place the chicken on the center grates. If using charcoal, make an indirect fire and place a disposable pan on one side.
- Place the chicken over the pan.
- Rotate the chicken while grilling for even browning.
- Grill until thickest part of the breast registers 165⁰ F and the thigh registers 175⁰ F.
- Pull the chicken off the grill using paper towels on each side of the chicken.
- Let rest on can for 15 minutes before slicing.