Crispy Mojo Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 8 (4 to 6 ounce) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp Pig's Ass Memphis Style Rub
- Vegetable oil
- 1 large lime, cut in wedges
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with Pig’s Ass Rub. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium-high heat.
- Place thighs, skin side down, on a well oiled, hot grill grate. Cook the chicken, covered, turning once halfway through cooking, for 10 minutes.
- Turn off all but 1 burner on the grill. Transfer the chicken to grill grate over unlit part of grill. Continue cooking chicken, covered, turning once halfway through cooking, approximately 20-25 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (without touching bone) reaches 165°F.
- Serve with a side of lime wedges dipped in Pig’s Ass Rub.
Use 1 tsp Pig’s Ass Rub per 4- to 6-ounce chicken thigh.
Trim any excess skin from chicken thighs before seasoning to prevent flareups.
Pat the chicken thighs with paper towel before applying the seasoning to ensure the surface is dry for crispier skin.
Try serving chicken thighs on a complementing bed of grilled onions and citrus fruits. Simply toss sliced onions and fruit with a little olive oil and a few shakes of Pig’s Ass Rub. Wrap the onion-citrus mixture in a 12-inch square piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place the foil packet on the grill grate over the lit part of the grill during the last 20 minutes of cooking the chicken thighs.
To roast the chicken thighs in the oven, line a rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top (or use a broiler pan). Spray the rack (or broiler pan) with nonstick cooking spray. Place the seasoned chicken thighs, skin side up, on the rack. Roast in a 400°F oven 40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken without touching bone reaches 165°F.