- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1¼ pounds ground pork
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 teaspoon Three Little Pigs All Purpose BBQ Rub
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (30-ounce) bag frozen shredded hash browns
- ¾ cup chopped green onions plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large skillet, add the oil and pork. Sprinkle the pork with 1 tablespoon Three Little Pigs All Purpose BBQ Rub . Cook the pork over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until browned, breaking up the pork with side of spoon. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pork to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and remaining 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Three Little Pigs All Purpose BBQ Rub .
- Spray a deep 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Into the dish, layer 1 cup of the browned pork, 2⅔ cups hash browns, ¼ cup green onions, 1/3 cup roasted red peppers and ⅔ cup cheese. Repeat the layers twice ending with the cheese. Evenly pour the egg mixture into dish.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the casserole reaches 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve garnished with green onions.
Get adventurous with this dish by adding chopped fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme; change up the cheese to pepper Jack or chèvre; serve topped with chopped tomatoes, sliced fresh jalapeños or chopped avocado.
To make ahead, cover assembled egg bake and refrigerate overnight. Bake, covered, at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 40 minutes longer or until center is set.