Rogue Cookers (doug scheiding)
Together Doug Scheiding and his wife, Jennifer Talley, make up the Rogue Cookers Competition BBQ team. Doug and Jennifer cook exclusively on Traeger Pellet Grills. Head Country rubs and sauces have been a part of the Rogue Cookers arsenal since day one as competitive cookers.
Rogue Cookers won the Houston Rodeo BBQ World Championship (HLSR) in 2015 cooking chicken, a 2nd and 4th Place in Brisket at the San Antonio Rodeo, and first place in Cook’s Choice Category at the Jack Daniel’s International Invitational cooking steak and potatoes, all using Head Country sauces, seasonings, and marinade. Doug is a Traeger BBQ Pro, a Head Country Brand Ambassador, the Texas Embedded Correspondent to The BBQ Central Show., and a Co-Host to the Baseball and BBQ podcast.
- Houston Rodeo BBQ World Champion 2015
- BBQ Central Show Guest Hall of Fame (HOF) 2021
- 1st Place Awards at Houston Rodeo, American Royal, and The Jack Daniels World Championships
- 3 Time BBQ Finalist at Houston Rodeo BBQ World Championship
- 11 Grand Champion/Reserve Grand Championships
- Traeger Pork Champion at the American Royal World Championship 2015
- Reserve Grand Champion at Super Bowl LI BBQ Contest in Houston 2017
- Over 120 Competitions and 225 Top Ten Calls
- 5 Top 10 Finishes in the Dessert Category at the Houston and San Antonio Rodeos
- Brisket - Recipe of the Year awards for both Head Country BBQ and Traeger Grills
- 2 Photography Awards from NBBQA - 2019