Orange-Ginger Chicken Fajitas
September 26, 2016
- Yields: 4 Servings
3½ Tbsp Rub Some Rib
1Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove the tenderloin on the underside of each chicken breast. Lay chicken between plastic wrap on a cutting board. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to ¾-inch thick. Cut the chicken into ½-inch-thick slices.
2In a large bowl, whisk ½ cup oil, orange juice, 2 tablespoons Rub Some Rib and ginger. Add the chicken and toss to coat; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, toss the carrots, mushrooms, onion, 2 tablespoons oil and remaining 1½ tablespoons Rub Some Rib. Roast the vegetables 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4Remove the chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
5In 2 batches, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook 5 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken reaches 165°F, stirring frequently. Transfer the chicken to bowl; keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and chicken.
6Serve chicken and vegetables in tortillas.
- A cast iron or stainless steel skillet works well to ensure a hot surface to cook the chicken quickly.
- Cooking the chicken in 2 batches ensures that the chicken is seared evenly rather than steamed in an overcrowded pan.
- It’s important that the oil is hot before adding the chicken to the skillet for a better sear.
- To warm the tortillas, stack them on large microwave-safe plate between 2 damp paper towels. Heat in the microwave for 35 seconds or until warm.
- Serve topped with sour cream and sliced fresh jalapeño peppers.